The Mixtape Museum Needs an Intern, Maybe 2…
MXM is looking for a motivated Intern/Research Assistant eager to join the team. You will work closely with the founder of MXM to do research and work on special projects. You must be responsible, reliable, and have a passionate interest in hip hop and DJ culture.
Your responsibilities will include:
- providing general administrative support, including database entry
- create, write, publish content for the blog
- update social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) frequently and create visibility for the brand, website, and social media properties
You must be eager to learn, think outside the box, and have the ability to work under pressure. In this position you will learn about the history of mixtapes, its existence, and its purpose in today’s era. This internship will help you build connections and relationships with people on MXM team and other outside vendors and publications. This is a college credit based internship only.
- 10 to 15 hours a week (flexible)
- Work remotely with access to a computer
- Great social skills and a sense of humor
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Social media/networking skills
- Web/graphic design a plus, not mandatory
- College junior, senior, or grad
- Major in Communication (Marketing/PR/Business) or a humanities-related discipline like, english, history or ethnomusicology